Gem City Cakes

Monday, May 18, 2009

Lovely

This is the best cake I've ever made! I think it's completely lovely. My friend ordered it from me for her sister's bridal shower.

She gave me a lot of creative control, which I loved because this was a cake I've been wanting to make.

My original design was only two tier, but I kept staring at it this morning thinking, no, no I need one more tier! It needs three. this is the first 3 tier cake I have made. I was really excited about it.



This cake is surrounded in rolled vanilla wafers and topped with white chocolate that I spent over an hour curling to perfection.


The wedding colors were lavender and white, I really wanted lavender roses and I was way excited when I found these cloth o
nes at the store which matched the ribbon perfectly.






Beneath all this, the top tier is confetti cake, the middle tier is chocolate and 
the bottom tier is confetti. Yum!








Today I also made cake pops for the first time! I've been wanting to do them for a while. It was a lot of work!



I cut small cylinders of cake out of a sheet cake, dipped the bottoms in candy melt and put s
ticks in them. I let the candy melt set up in the fridge for a bit and then iced the tops.





I ended up taking these into the bar I work at for my co-workers to munch on and give away to friends.

While I was in there I got to snag a fresh strawberry cookie that my boss's mom had made. It was delicious haha.

I made some full size cup cakes today to because I can't handle not having some kind of cake in the house at all times now haha. Didn't take any photos though! Sorry!

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen cake pops with iced tops... what a great idea! It makes them look so much more like real cupcakes... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... I just noticed that you're in Dayton... so am I! Your treats look delicious. Nice to meet a local girl online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like my stuff! How did you find my site?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! I googled "cake pops" and you were on the first page.

    ReplyDelete