Gem City Cakes

Saturday, April 24, 2010

May the fondant be with you...

My friend Janna's son Ender turned 5 this week and he loves Star Wars. Loves it!
Janna is an amazing mom and she would do anything for her son. So she commissioned me to make what could well be the coolest cake I've ever made.
I sat down with the little man and asked him what he wanted his cake to be. He said very matter of factly that he wanted Darth Vader. :)

Well, I set to work, trying to come up with a cool design that would be fun for him. I checked out some cakes online that other people had made, collected some ideas and came up with a plan.

This is what I made!

Darth Vader Birthday Cake!

Darth Vader Birthday Cake!Darth Vader Birthday Cake!Darth Vader Birthday Cake!

Now, Janna is such a freaking awesome mom, that she and another friend, Stacy, looked every place they could to find Ender a Darth Vader costume to wear to this party. They tracked one down at a store about an hour and a half away and he is going to get to be Darth Vader. How cool is that??? He said he doesn't want people to know it's him. He wants them to think it's really Darth Vader. It's so cute, I could actually explode. He might just be the cutest kid in existence.
I wish I could go to the party and help them eat this cake! I don't envy the fact that Janna has to slice this fancy thing open though lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment