Gem City Cakes

Friday, January 15, 2010

It's a Butterfly... it's an airplane... no! It's a cake!

This week I did two cakes! One was for my best friend Chelsea's sister's baby shower.
I was given this fabric as inspiration:
fabirc

And this is what I made:
Butterfly Baby Shower Cake

Everything is buttercream on the cake itself. The butterflies are made of chocolate and are copies of the butterflies on the fabric. The little flowers are fondant with buttercream. The inside is lemon with strawberry filling!! It's the same flavor I made for Chelsea's birthday!
I love it. It's quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever made!


I also made a cake for a friend of mine on Twitter! @GinaKay!
This is an air craft carrier I made for her husband:
ship

Sorry for the stupid black stuff all around the photo haha. I just needed to try to hide all of the junk on the counter!!!
There's a small Jazz band playing on the deck as well. I made it sort of an abstract element. Her husband is a Navy vet who loves jazz! This was mostly buttercream. The deck was made of oreo cookies with I processed into a fine grain in my food processor and there are fondant pieces here and there. The water is all buttercream.

I am making my niece a birthday cake on Sunday! Can't wait to post it!! It's going to be VERY cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment